Walking is the ultimate mode of transport. It’s free, there are no parking worries, and it helps keep you fit. Many Christchurch people walk to work, to their school and to the shops as part of their regular exercise plan.
- It’s free!
- It’s the most sustainable form of transport
- It helps reduce traffic congestion as well as air, noise and water pollution
It benefits your health by
- Helping maintain a healthy weight
- Strengthening the cardiovascular system
- Increasing bone density
- Maintaining muscle strength and flexibility
- Decreasing stress