Port Hills Fire - UpdateALERT:
For the latest information related to the Port Hills fire go to the Christchurch City Council website
Information and links
This interactive map shows the Port Hills fire hot spots and the latest cordon information.
Port Hills fire - Update
What you need to know:
- Residents will be checked in by police or army personnel.
- You must present a photo ID, such as a driver’s licence or passport.
- Please be patient if you face a wait at the cordon. Returning residents will be allowed through as soon as possible.
These roads are open to residents and those with legitimate needs for access only.
- Worsleys Road
- Kennedys Bush Road
- Hoon Hay Valley Road
This opening means residents will be able to return to their homes.
The recreational tracks at the top of Kennedys Bush Road will remain closed.
For members of the general public, the following cordons are in place.
- From 353 Worsleys Road which is the start of Worsleys Track
- Hoon Hay Valley Road from Cashmere Rd
- Kennedys Bush Road from No.299 to No.306
- Dyers Pass Road from No.235 just below lower Victoria Park entrance
- Dyers Pass Road at Governors Bay
- Summit Road from the Gebbies Pass turnoff
- Victoria Park Road
The barriers have been removed from Rapaki Track and tracks in Mt Vernon Farm Park. Access to the Huntsbury Spur Track and Bowenvale Valley remain closed. This is because of continuing helicopter work in the area.