City Centre update from March 16ROADWORKS:
Due to numerous construction and improvement works the below city centre road configurations are currently in place.
- Antigua St one-way southbound only between Oxford Tce & Tuam St.
- Armagh St eastbound only between Manchester St & Madras St
- Bedford Row and Liverpool St are permanently closed.
- Bealey Ave lane drop between Papanui Rd and Colombo St
- Cashel St eastbound only from Montreal St to Cambridge Tce
- Cathedral Sq is one way northbound between Hereford St & Worcester St for demolition works.
- Durham St/Cambridge Tce is down to one lane from Worcester Blvd to Tuam St
- Gloucester St one-way westbound at the intersection with Cambridge Tce.
- Hereford St one way westbound between Manchester St and Colombo St.
- Hereford St one way westbound Cambridge Tce to Civic offices.
- High St between Tuam St and St Asaph St is closed.
- Lichfield St eastbound only from Durham St to Colombo St.
- Manchester St is southbound only between Oxford Tce and Hereford St.
- Moorhouse Ave, between Antigua St & Selwyn St down to two lanes in each direction
- St Asaph St down to one lane from Montreal St to Hagley Ave.
- Tuam St has lane shifts between Hagley Ave and Montreal St
- Worcester St closed between Manchester St and Latimer Sq.
Best ways to get across the city centre:
Northbound: Montreal St and Madras St
Southbound: Barbadoes St, Fitzgerald Ave and Deans Ave
Eastbound: Salisbury St and Tuam St
Westbound: St Asaph St and Kilmore St
For parking smart in the CBD check here for parking optio ns.
Due to the road closure of Bedford Row from Monday 17 October, access to Eastern Lichfield car park is via Lichfield St only.