How do I stay informed?
Updates provided on significant works and incidents on strategic routes.
The Christchurch Transport Operations Centre provide regular updates to local and national media outlets, including radio stations, particularly during peak hour travel times.
- Displays real time travel data collected from bluetooth sensors on various routes throughout the city. Coloured lines show where low, medium, high or severe congestion exists through the use of different colours (displayed in the key).
- VMS (variable messaging signs) - click on the sign to see current journey times displayed between that location and various destinations (between 6am - 6pm)
- Webcams - click on the camera icons to bring up live images of key junctions around the city and Satellite towns.
An information dashboard displaying a variety of journeys inbound outbound and across the city. This includes a variety of comparable travel times and modes available in Christchurch.
- Displays all planned works which have current traffic management plans in existence. (Click on the icon to see further information regarding the works) This information is supplied directly by third party contractors.
- Over 60 webcams showing live traffic conditions on State Highways and key arterials in the greater Christchurch area including the Northern Motorway, Rangiora, Rolleston and the Rakaia River Bridge. These webcams are updated every minute.
- Displays location and description of unplanned incidents, such as crashes;
- Displays planned works/events which may impact on road users journey time;
- Displays notable restrictions which may impact on various vehicle types, e.g. heavy vehicle restrictions
- A list of significant roadwork, events or news bulletins that will impact road users.
Note: The app for Transport for Christchurch has been discontinued in favour of a mobile friendly website. We suggest saving the homepage to get the latest traffic updates displayed by default.